Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Pre-Reading January 2016


Pre-Reading


3. Write a blog about your opinions on school fundraisers.  Discuss personal experiences within your blog.



In my opinion School fundraisers are completely fine, unless of course they are mandatory or thought of as something you have to do even when you don’t want to. Though sometimes I feel as if they are totally useless. If a there is just a random fundraiser for no reason that doesn’t have any sort of reward other than like a trip to sweet frog for selling 20 cookies it’s sort of useless. Though I do like going on trips just for doing something as easy as selling some merchandise. But I suppose they do benefit the school. It seems to me that in the book the fundraiser is a bit pressured onto them. I feel as if in the book it is expected that you would participate, it seems like a sort of social pressure. I’ve never really experienced this in my life but I’m sure it happens somewhere. I feel like this is wrong. I don’t think you should be pressured by classmates and the school to sell some random thing for a prize if you don’t want to. Some people feel as if there is no need to do it and that it is useless to do it. They could just do the same thing as they would have been able to do if they had sold the things any day of the week, so why should they make an effort to do something useless.

I have participated in school fundraisers before. In the past I would try to sell as much as I possibly could in hopes to win the grand prize. It would be like an ipad or something like that. Then they would take us to skateland or out to sweet frog in a limo. I didn’t mind that, and I still don’t. I would probably participate in a  school fundraiser if we had one this year if i’m being completely honest. In the end it’s completely up to the person who is participating or not participating.

1 comment:

  1. I think a good point you make is that if there is a good enough prize many people could be persuaded to participate. Good examples from your personal experience. Grade: 90%

    ReplyDelete